Volos Yacht Charter Guide
Volos Yacht Charter
Read our detailed Volos Yacht Charter Guide & discover the Aegean sea.
Volos Charter Base Information
- Base manager: 📢 Mr. Tsianakas Dimitris 📞 (+30) 698 3637 544
- Customer service: 📢 Mr. Tsianakas Dimitris 📞 (+30) 698 3637 544
- Technical manager: 📢 Mr. Tsianakas Dimitris 📞 (+30) 698 3637 544
- Emergency contact: 🚩 24/7 support 📞 (+30) 2111 827 066
📻 VHF frequencies: Volos marina – VHF channel 12
📍 FYLY Volos yacht charter base is located in: Volos Port, Volos, 38333, Greece.
⚓ Volos Marina, Volos Berthing – 39°21.3300′N, 22°56.9297′E
🧭 Approached to the Pagasitikos Gulf are straightforward, but inside the gulf there can be rather strong and gusty winds.
- Avoid mooring stern or bows to the breakwater within 20m of the floating pontoon. Mooring chains and anchors have been laid to secure the pontoon. They extend an unknown distance out either side of the pontoon.
- This is a favourite place for the residents of Volos – families and groups of friends – to socialize on summer evenings. This makes for a busy, vital atmosphere into the late evening. Often some of the younger groups stay on until much later, with the pontoon being a favourite – and usually very noisy – location. As with any population a small minority can cause problems. Boats have been boarded without permission and on at least one occasion a burning cigarette butt was flicked onto a boat.
- North-east of the ‘dogleg’ in the breakwater local boats have established ‘their’ spaces. It may be possible to moor here, but it is best to check beforehand (see note below on ‘Unofficial harbourmaster’.
- The footbridge joining the breakwater to the main quay is difficult to negotiate with heavy loads or for anyone with mobility problems.
- There is no electricity on the breakwater or pontoon and water can only be obtained at the north-eastern end of the breakwater through arrangement with the ‘owners’ of the spaces (or the unofficial harbourmaster).
- The breakwater to the south-west of the floating pontoon has mooring rings in place and does not have the problems of claims by local boats or mooring chains. It is further from the town, but is otherwise suitable for mooring.
⏰ Business hours
- Weekdays: 08:30 AM – 17:00 PM
- Saturdays: 08:30 AM – 20:00 PM
- 🕔 Embarkation time 17:00 PM
- 🕡 Disembarkation time: Clients must arrive back at base the day before the end of their charter, latest at 18:00 PM for check out procedures (technical check, refuel, diver’s check, etc). They have free overnight & they can disembark the yacht the next day at 09:00 AM
🗺️ How to get to FYLY charter base in Volos Marina marina in Volos:
- ✈️ Nea Anchialos National Airport is an airport located near the town of Nea Anchialos in Greece. It serves the city of Volos and is also known as Volos Central Greece Airport or Volos Nea Anchialos Airport of Central Greece.
- 🚌 Local Bus: There is a bus connecting airport and Volos bus station. Buses are waiting to pick up travelers after a plane lands.
- 🚕 Taxi: You can find easily taxis at Volos airport & near Marina Volos.
🛒 Provisioning: There are several super markets around Volos Port. Your provisions can be also organized by the FYLY Yachting team (upon request). In that case your order will be on board upon your arrival.
🚇 Transfer facilities: FYLY Yachting could arrange a transfer for you by minibus or by taxi (upon request).
🛂 Port authorities: Our base manager will arrange everything with Port Authorities. The only thing we require from the skipper of the charter is to have with him his original sailing license and to send a copy of it two weeks prior to his charter. Find out how to become a skipper by learning about the available sailing qualifications.
🌦️ Weather forecast: You should always try to get a weather forecast before sailing away, especially if going more than several miles from shore, as it is difficult to tell at a glance what winds will appear, due to large landmasses, mountains and other geographical features. You can use your radio, Navtex or contact the Port Police. A forecast in Greek and English is given for all Greek waters at 06:00, 10:00, 16:00, 22:00 (GMT+2). Gale warnings are given at the beginning of the broadcast and a special security warning on Ch 16 gives all the VHF frequencies for different areas. VHF channel 16 broadcasts Gale Warnings as well as regular forecasts, upon vessel request. OLYMPIA RADIO broadcasts pre-recorded Weather and Sea bulletins in Greek and English.
🏝️ See our Suggested Itineraries around Volos. Also, find out the most important tips for a bareboat yacht charter in Greece or read our comprehensive crewed yacht charter guide.
- 🛌🏻 Hotels: There is a variety of hotels in Volos.
- 🍽️ Restaurants: There is a variety of restaurants in Volos.
- 🍹 Bars: There is a variety of bars in Volos.
- ☕ Coffeeshops: There is a variety of coffee shops in Volos.
📝 Sailing license: The law in Greece requires that the captain must possess a valid sailing license. The Co-Skipper – if no sailing license is available – must fill out a declaration stating they have the knowledge to sail (please see the relevant Declaration Document). A VHF license is not required to charter a yacht in Greece.
💶 Currency: EURO (€) – 💱 VAT in Greece is at 24%
💬 Languages: Greek 🇬🇷 & English 🇬🇧
⚕️ Doctors-hospital: Elpis General Clinic 📞 (+30) 2421 094 000 🗺️ Google Map Directions
⌚ Time difference: EEST/EET/GMT+2
🌐 Volos Marina berth online
Volos Marina is a small port situated in the city with the same name in Continental Greece. Its positioning is ideal as it offers access to the Aegean Sea. Volos is a traditional city with lots of historical landmarks and touristic attractions. While visiting the area, we suggest you admire the exhibits of the Athanasakeion Archaeological Museum. The ancient artefacts and superb rock carvings will mesmerise you. If you’re seeking a place to have some fun, we suggest visiting Horefto Beach. It is one of the biggest beaches in Volos and offers seaside view bars, sandy shores and crystal clear water. Book a luxurious room and enjoy the quality services of the finest hotels: “Domotel Xenia Volos”, Hotel “Aegli”, “Volos Palace” Hotel and “Philippos” Hotel. “LoLa&LuNa” Trattoria Italiana, “To Katofli tis Ketis”, “Stafylos”, “Sta Perix” and “Veggera” Restaurant provide the most varied menus in the city and will astonish you with their extraordinary traditional cuisine and modern European food.
🛍️ Marina Facilities:
- Fuel station
- Weather forecasting
- Medical Services
- Dressing rooms
- Waste collection
- Residual water collection
- Rent car
- Service Station for ships
- Master harbour
Real-time marine traffic
MarineTraffic Live Ships Map. Discover information and vessel positions for vessels around the world. MarineTraffic is the leading maritime information service used by shipping professionals to support their decision-making and by maritime enthusiasts to track any ship in the world.
Weather radar, wind and waves forecast for kiters, surfers, paragliders, pilots, sailors and anyone else. Worldwide animated weather map, with easy-to-use layers and precise spot forecast.
Greece Sailing Guide
Where to Sail in Greece? Sailing in Greece can be an adventure of a lifetime. The islands are filled with historic towns, beautiful beaches, ancient ruins, and luxurious resorts. Each area of exploration has designated cities and ports and can be accessed with adventurous itineraries; this provides a great sailing experience. Greek islands are separated into seven main groups and are spread over two vast seas. The seas are different from one another, and each offers a unique experience. The main island groups of Greece are: Saronic Gulf, Cyclades Islands, Dodecanese Islands, Sporades, Ionian Islands, and Crete. Please advise our sailing guide below for comprehensive information about the best sailing destinations in Greece.
See & Do
📜 Volos Brief History & Info
Live Music onboard your yacht… Unwind with your friends while drinking a cocktail and sail away to majestic sunsets.
Listen to the yachting radio while having fun swimming, drinking, feasting or reading our Volos Yacht Charter Guide.