Athens Yacht Charter Guide
Athens Yacht Charter
Read our detailed Athens Yacht Charter Guide & discover the Aegean sea.
Rent a Yacht from Athens
- Base manager: 📢 Ms. Nagia Xarcha 📞 (+30) 6932 273 815
- Customer service: 📢 Ms. Nagia Xarcha 📞 (+30) 6932 273 815
- Technical manager: 📢 Mr. Stefos Dimitris 📞 (+30) 6975 101 606
- Emergency contact: 🚩 24/7 support 📞 (+30) 2111 827 066
📻 VHF frequencies: Olympic Marine marina – VHF channel 71
📍 FYLY Athens yacht charter base is located in: Alimos Marina, Alimos, 17455, Greece. Our marina offices are located in the “Yacht Chartering Village” & our office’s number is A07. The Chartering Village is located across pier 8.
⚓ Alimos Marina, Athens Berthing – 37° 54’ 68” Ν, 23° 42’ 03” E
🧭 The approaches to the marina are straightforward. You may be able to rouse the attendants to direct you to where to go. It does provide a very good all-weather shelter. The marina is operated by the municipality of Alimos. There are laid moorings and you do not have to anchor. But the attendants are not always there to help you.
⏰ Business hours 09:00 AM – 19:00 PM
- 🕔 Embarkation time 17:00 PM
- 🕡 Disembarkation time: Clients must arrive back at base the day before the end of their charter, latest at 18:00 PM for check out procedures (technical check, refuel, diver’s check, etc). They have free overnight & they can disembark the yacht the next day at 09:00 AM
🗺️ How to get to FYLY charter base in Alimos Marina marina in Athens:
- ✈️ Athens Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” is located 35 km from Alimos marina.
- 🚌 Local Bus: There are Express lines direct from Eleftherios Venizelos airport to Alimos marina (Edem Mare Station). Line X96 – AIRPORT – ATHENS – PEIRAIAS.
- 🚕 Taxi: You can find easily taxis both at Athens Airport & near Alimos marina. The drive costs approx. € 40-50 per taxi.
🛒 Provisioning: Clients can either go to the supermarket upon their arrival or they can pre-order (upon request) their provisions and the FYLY Yachting team will arrange their delivery to their yacht. If they want to pre-order we will provide them with a provisioning list. When the clients arrive (08:00 AM – 20:00 PM) on Saturdays at our offices, we store the luggage & if they want they can go to the supermarket – the supermarket delivers free of charge. At 17:00 PM when the yacht is ready we transfer their luggage directly to the yacht on behalf of the client in order to begin the Check-in procedure. If the clients arrive earlier they can either take a stroll in Athens and see the Acropolis or go for a swim at the beach nearby.
🚇 Transfer facilities: FYLY Yachting could arrange a transfer for you by minibus or by taxi (upon request).
- 🚕 Taxi prebooked – up to 4 pax: Airport to Marina € 45
- 🚌 Private Bus – up to 12 pax: Airport to Marina € 100
🛂 Port authorities: Our base manager will arrange everything with Port Authorities. The only thing we require from the skipper of the charter is to have with him his original sailing license and to send a copy of it two weeks prior to his charter. Find out how to become a skipper by learning about the available sailing qualifications.
🌦️ Weather forecast: You should always try to get a weather forecast before sailing away, especially if going more than several miles from shore, as it is difficult to tell at a glance what winds will appear, due to large landmasses, mountains and other geographical features. You can use your radio, Navtex or contact the Port Police. A forecast in Greek and English is given for all Greek waters at 06:00, 10:00, 16:00, 22:00 (GMT+2). Gale warnings are given at the beginning of the broadcast and a special security warning on Ch 16 gives all the VHF frequencies for different areas. VHF channel 16 broadcasts Gale Warnings as well as regular forecasts, upon vessel request. OLYMPIA RADIO broadcasts pre-recorded Weather and Sea bulletins in Greek and English.
🏝️ See our Suggested Itineraries around Athens. Also, find out the most important tips for a bareboat yacht charter in Greece or read our comprehensive crewed yacht charter guide.
- 🛌🏻 Hotels: There is a variety of hotels in Athens.
- 🍽️ Restaurants: There is a variety of restaurants in Athens.
- 🍹 Bars: There is a variety of bars in Athens.
- ☕ Coffeeshops: There is a variety of coffee shops in Athens.
📝 Sailing license: The law in Greece requires that the captain must possess a valid sailing license. The Co-Skipper – if no sailing license is available – must fill out a declaration stating they have the knowledge to sail (please see the relevant Declaration Document). A VHF license is not required to charter a yacht in Greece.
💶 Currency: EURO (€) – 💱 VAT in Greece is at 24%
💬 Languages: Greek 🇬🇷 & English 🇬🇧
⚕️ Doctors-hospital: Iatriko Hospital (Private) 📞 (+30) 210 9846 800 🗺️ Google Map Directions
⌚ Time difference: EEST/EET/GMT+2
🌐 Alimos Marina website
The Marina is located southwest of Athens, 15 km from the city center, 8 km south of Piraeus port and 30 km from the Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport. It is served by a dense transportation network of trams, buses, and taxis with a stop just 200 meters from the Marina. In January 2021, development projects began with the aim to enrich and utilize the marina with additional projects and upgrade it to one of the most modern marinas in the Mediterranean. During the development works, Alimos Marina remains in full operation. Alimos Marina is the largest marina in Greece with 1,064 berths, while there is a dry-docking area for about 600 boats. It can accommodate yachts up to 40 meters long. The maximum depth of the marina is 6.5 meters.
🛍️ Marina Facilities:
- Electricity supply
- Water supply
- Refueling services
- Parking for people with disabilities at various points in the Marina
- First Aid provisions
- Security service throughout the marina
- Security and PIR automatic lights around the Marina
- Wintering area
- Telephone connection – Internet (Wi-Fi)
- CCTV closed-circuit security cameras
- Provision of space at a pier for lifting / launching a boat
- WC & Showers
- Waste collection
Real-time marine traffic
MarineTraffic Live Ships Map. Discover information and vessel positions for vessels around the world. MarineTraffic is the leading maritime information service used by shipping professionals to support their decision-making and by maritime enthusiasts to track any ship in the world.
Weather radar, wind and waves forecast for kiters, surfers, paragliders, pilots, sailors and anyone else. Worldwide animated weather map, with easy-to-use layers and precise spot forecast.
Greece Sailing Guide
Where to Sail in Greece? Sailing in Greece can be an adventure of a lifetime. The islands are filled with historic towns, beautiful beaches, ancient ruins, and luxurious resorts. Each area of exploration has designated cities and ports and can be accessed with adventurous itineraries; this provides a great sailing experience. Greek islands are separated into seven main groups and are spread over two vast seas. The seas are different from one another, and each offers a unique experience. The main island groups of Greece are: Saronic Gulf, Cyclades Islands, Dodecanese Islands, Sporades, Ionian Islands, and Crete. Please advise our sailing guide below for comprehensive information about the best sailing destinations in Greece.
See & Do
📜 Athens Brief History & Info
Live Music onboard your yacht… Unwind with your friends while drinking a cocktail and sail away to majestic sunsets.
Listen to the yachting radio while having fun swimming, drinking, or feasting.