Preveza has it all: archaeological interest, industrial history, a vibrant port, a great marina, mountains, sea & lovely beaches.
Read our detailed Preveza Yacht Charter Guide & discover the Ionian sea.
Rent a Yacht from Preveza
Preveza Charter Base Information
🚩 24/7 support 📞 (+30) 2111 827 066
📻 VHF frequencies: Preveza marina – VHF channel 71
A forecast in Greek and English is given for all Greek waters at 06:00, 10:00, 16:00, 22:00 (GMT+2). Gale warnings are given at the beginning of the broadcast and a special security warning on Ch 16 gives all the VHF frequencies for different areas.
📍 FYLY Preveza yacht charter base is located in: Preveza main harbour, Preveza, 48100, Greece & Spiliadou 6-8, Preveza.
⚓ Preveza marina, Preveza Berthing – 38°57’38 N 20°45’23 E
🧭 It is usually best to berth with bows facing SE if possible, as the afternoon seabreezes tend to blow from NW, however in the strong winter S gales it may be better to face NW. Shelter in the marina is generally good, although strong S and SW winds do send in some swell, which can affect the berths nearer the entrance.
⏰ Business hours 09:00 AM – 20:00 PM
- 🕔 Embarkation time 17:00 PM
- 🕡 Disembarkation time: Clients must arrive back at base the day before the end of their charter, latest at 18:00 PM for check out procedures (technical check, refuel, diver’s check, etc). They have free overnight & they can disembark the yacht the next day at 09:00 AM
🗺️ How to get to FYLY charter base:
- ✈️ Aktion National Airport, also known as Lefkada Airport, serves the island of Lefkada and the city of Preveza in Greece. The airport is located in Aktio.
- 🚕 Taxi: You can find easily taxis at Aktion airport & near Preveza Marina. It is better though to ask our Base Manager to call one for you.
🛒 Provisioning: Clients can either go to the super market located around Preveza upon their arrival or they can pre-order (upon request) their provisions and FYLY Yachting team will arrange their delivery to their yacht. If they want to pre-order we will provide them a provisioning list.
🚇 Transfer facilities: FYLY Yachting could arrange a transfer for you by minibus or by taxi (upon request).
🛂 Port authorities: Our base manager will arrange everything with Port Authorities. The only thing we require from the skipper of the charter is to have with him his original sailing license and to send a copy of it two weeks prior to his charter.
🌦️ Weather forecast: You should always try to get a weather forecast before heading out from land, especially if going more than several miles from shore, as it is difficult to tell at a glance what winds will appear, due to large landmasses, mountains and other geographical features. You can use your radio, Navtex or contact the Port Police who receive weather faxes several times a day for the area.
🏝️ See our Suggested Itineraries around Preveza.
- 🛌🏻 Hotels: There is a variety of hotels in Preveza town.
- 🍽️ Restaurants: There is a variety of restaurants in Preveza town.
- 🍹 Bars: There is a variety of bars in Preveza town.
- ☕ Coffeeshops: There is a variety of coffee shops in Preveza town.
📝 Sailing license: The law in Greece requires that the captain must possess a valid sailing license. The Co-Skipper – if no sailing license is available – must fill out a declaration stating they have the knowledge to sail (please see the relevant Declaration Document). A VHF license is not required to charter a yacht in Greece.
💶 Currency: EURO (€)
💱 VAT in Greece is at 24%
💬 Language spoken: Greek 🇬🇷 & English 🇬🇧
⚕️ Doctors-hospital: General Hospital of Preveza 📞 (+30) 2682 361 390 🗺️ Google Map Directions
⌚ Time difference: EEST/EET
🌐 Preveza Marina website
Castles and ancient settlements blend harmoniously with the crystal blue waters of the sea and the golden beaches. Preveza is a tourist and sailing point not only of the Ionian Sea but of the entire Adriatic. It is this point that we chose to create a modern marina capable of berthing up to 300 boats. Preveza Marina is capable of accommodating not only sailing boats but also luxury yachts from all over the world, making it a new and modern socio-economic recreation center throughout the year. The years-long experience and the high quality of our services, have ranked us very high in the preferences of boat owners from all over the world. Always guided by the highest international standards, besides boat docking, we also provide complementary entertainment, leisure and commercial services, so that our visitors can have a complete experience in front of the crystal clear waters of the Ionian Sea. Preveza Marina is situated in the heart of the cosmopolitan Preveza town, very close to the city center and only 5km from the Action Airport. Preveza marina has a mooring capacity of 300 berths with a maximum length of 45m and 4,5m draught. It’s modern and newly built facilities are the ideal starting point for cruises to the Ionian Sea, an ideal sailing destination and an endless source of natural beauty. Blue-green waters await you wherever you go.
🛍️ Marina Facilities:
- 300 berths
- Power supplies 220-380V, 125 Amps and fresh water
- WC, Showers, hygiene facilities, accessible WC and Showers
- Restaurant, café and bar
- Mini Market
- Washing machines and dryers
- Cleaning Services
- Fuel Station
- Car Rental
- 24/7 CCTV and Security
- Yacht maintenance and repair
- Charter and shipping agency facilities
- Car, moto and accessible parking spaces
- EV station
- Pump – Out station (bilge and blackwater)